Tuesday 17 August 2010

Sandpaper Numerals

I made Big Seed some Montessori sandpaper numerals.
I have shown Big Seed how to trace the numbers. He has to master this before we attempt writing.


He enjoys putting the numerals in the write order...when he gets stuck I ask him to read the numbers from the beginning and then he knows which comes next.

We do this ordering activity with the number lids...these are old juice bottle lids with sticky labels on them.

Here he is matching the lids to the sandpaper numerals.


I bought a set of Montessori "bead stairs", beads on wire rods, a set of 1-10 from Ebay for
£2.
He matches the beads to the numbers, and if he is still interested he then matches the lids.

We have also matched green counters to each numeral.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I am actually working in my post for tomorrow about our activities we did today with the stair beads.
    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...